Monday, June 23, 2008

June 15-16, 2008


The next two days of wait was excruciating.... every night when I sleep, I pray that I dun get calls during the night. Every call that I receive, my heart skips a beat. The only solace I get is when I see a familiar number on my phone.

Everyday, the vet will be taking Bianco's blood to run tests. Tests on his internal organs to keep a check on it and also making sure that his blood count is within the acceptable range.

As it has been 2 days after the accident, his left hand side of his body started to swell and we can see distinct patches of bruising. There were quite a lot of abrasion on his skin caused by the accident, but that is the last thing on our mind.

His panting got heavier and we were a little concern as we do not know if hes feeling too hot. His temperature during these 2 days were slightly on the high side (approx. 39.5)

Everyday, Dr Goh and the nurses will poke him and press his hind legs and tail to check to see if his pain sensation is still present... and there were good indications that his reaction to these pokes and pinches are more apparent.. which was a positive sign. The only concern is his bruised liver.

On June 16 evening, Dr Goh took Bianco's blood test once again in the evening to check on his internal organs. Results came out good (except the liver which was still bruised). Nevertheless, he suggested that we speak to a bone surgeon soonest to determine the possibility of a surgery as we shouldn't delay it any further.

An appointment was fixed with Dr Tan the next day on June 17.

No comments: