Friday, July 4, 2008

Bianco's Update from Home - July 2 till 4





Picture 1 and 2: A walker made by my Dad for Bianco

Video: Bianco trying on the walker, but it is of a better use to support him so that we can do leg exercise for him

It's been 3 days since the last update.

The above was made by my Dad about 2 days ago. Initially when we introduce it to Bianco, he was skeptical and really scared about sitting on the walker. He cannot balance himself and each time he moves, he'll pull his body towards the front of the walker which can be rather dangerous. Therefore, he has to be fully supervised whenever its in use.

Today, he is more comfortable with the walker. But after a while, when he gets tired, he'll just lay limp on it while I massage his hind legs. In fact, I feel that instead of using it as a walker, it is better as a support to sit him in so that we do not need to have 2 person holding him and 1 person massaging his hind legs.

Bianco's bowel has been pretty good and everyday, he got some output...... and today.. interestingly, he output when I put him on the walker.... it was easy to clean him up.

Each time when I massage his hind legs, I would tickle him to see how his response towards the tickle is like. Today, he was able to pull back his right hind leg away from me when I tickle him. However, it was not so apparent on his left hind.

Tis morning, he surprised me by using his right hind leg to reach his ears and was trying scratch them. He managed to reached his ear... however, was unable to scratch it as there wasn't enough strength for that action to be made. In the end, I have to help him scratch his ear :)

It's close to a week since he came back from the hospital and tomorrow, we have another appt with Dr Tan for his follow up. Will have to update Dr Tan on his progress for the week and also find out what is wrong with Bianco's bark as it is almost inaudible. However, he is still able to yap pretty loudly........

I do see some slight improvements day to day and hope that he can regain some strength on his hind legs esp his left one. Guess we'll only know in due time........

No comments: